The Exo Terra Coco Husk is a 100% natural, biodegradable terrarium bedding made from sustainable, ground coconut husk fiber grown on plantations in tropical Asia. The unique hygroscopic properties of this ecological substrate regulate the terrarium's humidity in a natural way and is totally safe for frogs, salamanders and other burrowing or digging animals. Adequate air humidity levels aid in shedding and help prevent respiratory infections.
The Exo Terra Coco Husk makes an ideal bedding for terrarium set-ups for humidity-loving reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates. Its water retention capacity, increased soil drainage and improved aeration promote the cultivation of healthy waste-reducing organisms keeping your terrarium fresh and clean. Exo Terra Coco Husk is triple machine washed to remove any residual salt content, then machine dried and heat-treated to reduce bacterial contamination.
The Exo Terra Coco Husk can be mixed with Exo Terra Plantation Soil to create a substrate with increased air-filled porosity for specific tropical plants like orchids, bromeliads etc.... Exo Terra Coco Husk is absolutely non-toxic, free of chemicals & pesticides and can be safely composted in your garden.
Key Features :
- Ideal for tropical terrarium set-ups
- Controls air humidity levels naturally
- Very resistant to mold and decay
- Made from a sustainable resource
- Heat treated and reduces bad odors
- Machine washed three times
- Safely composted
- Promotes the cultivation of healthy waste-reducing organisms
- Coco Husk is ground, sieved, triple washed, machine dried and heat-treated