Reptiles and amphibians are cold-blooded and in their natural habitat they often use surfaces heated by the sun to warm up. The Exo Terra Heat Mat is a terrarium substrate heater that simulates these surfaces heated by the sun. Exo Terra’s Heat Mats are an ideal 24-hour primary or secondary heat source for tropical or temperate reptile and amphibian species and essential as a nighttime heat source for many desert species. The Exo Terra Heat Mat permanently adheres to the terrarium, forming a solid bond for optimal heat transfer. Can be used with an Exo Terra Thermostat and/or in conjunction with additional heat sources for higher temperature species.
For glass terrariums only, read all instructions carefully.
Rubber spacers included.
Can be used with the Exo Terra Thermostats.
Additional heat sources can be used in conjunction with the Exo Terra Heat Mat.
It is important to leave sufficient ‘cold spots’ to provide the animals with options and make thermoregulation possible.
Available in 4, 8, 16 and 25 Watts
- Ideal for all glass terrariums
- For mounting under and on the side of terrariums
- Conductive heat source for reptile, amphibian, arachnid and planted terrariums
- Helps in thermoregulating – important for metabolism, digestion, appetite and activity
- Safe, even heat distribution
- XSM 10 X 12 X 0.5 cm
- SM 20 X 20 X 0.5
- MD 26 X 28 X 0.5 cm
- LG 27 X 9 X 0.5 cm